RIDING IN MALTA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Just wondering if anybody has been to Malta recently. Mother-in-law is moving there soon [cheap holliday for lukes mum and the kids] hoping there might be some action for me,wondering if theres bike hire on the Island,supposed to be abit of a mountain bike scene there any info much appreciated.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
It's Frickin hot! only really been there for diving few years back, which is big there. Also some of the finest looking local women ever but never noticed the cycling scene, apologies... I have nothing valid or usefull to share.

J-Lo

Stayed on Gozo last year, and malta. Like above, I never saw anybody on a bike, but I do know that you there is definetely cycle rental over there just google it! Cant really help so bit of a pointless reply - sorry!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Yes be careful, the drivers are nutters - the roads are in a terrible state so mountain bikes off road would probably be the order of the day.

I liked the Hopleaf pale ale! :biggrin:

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Thanks for advice guys, and yes was thinking about mountain biking seen some clips on u-tube it dosn t look bad

Big John

Guru
Stay off road and you should be alright. The roads are potholes joined together by bits of tarmac so not recommended for a bike. Besides, the motorists would kill you before you hit your first pothole especially the bus drivers.

Tony

Four of us went last year. The drivers are mad, but usually good around cyclists. The roads involve a lot of sharp hills, and the surface ranges from utter crap to beautiful tarmac. The decent to the North of Mosta is a classic: what seems like a ploughed field to the sharp right hander, then perfection for the 40mph run down afterwards.

Top Bottom