Riding thru puddles !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
And then you had to strip or replace every single bearing on the bike?!

Lake jumping used to be a feature of many MTB festivals. I'm sure it was fun, but a day of rebuilding the bike for 10 seconds of splashy action seems a poor trade-off :ohmy:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You are obviously a 'Lake half empty'** kind of guy!

** I don't know if you ask the question "Are you a 'glass half full' or a 'glass half empty' person" in the USA? If you don't - an optimist would say that that the hypothetical glass was still half full (plenty more to drink) whereas a pessimist would say that it was already half empty (and would soon run out.) Interestingly, it works the other way round in this example. You don't want there to be lots of water there. You clearly thought that you were riding through something only a couple of inches deep, whereas all I could think of was whether your phone is waterproof! :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
You are obviously a 'Lake half empty'** kind of guy!

** I don't know if you ask the question "Are you a 'glass half full' or a 'glass half empty' person" in the USA? If you don't - an optimist would say that that the hypothetical glass was still half full (plenty more to drink) whereas a pessimist would say that it was already half empty (and would soon run out.) Interestingly, it works the other way round in this example. You don't want there to be lost of water there. You clearly thought that you were riding through something only a couple of inches deep, whereas all I could think of was whether your phone is waterproof! :laugh:

I've done this trail many, many times and figured maybe 2 feet of water the most. Although I've never seen it this flooded in the eight years of riding out here. That should have been a red flag, but then again I must be a "Lake half empty" guy :wacko:. The phone never even crossed my mind until after the whole adventure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom