Ridley gloss paint issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclingmalaysia

Hi there, I’m new to the chat group but I’m a cycling enthusiast and exploring epic cycling climbs and areas around Europe and Asia.

2021 I bought a Ridley Felix gloss.

I found the paint to chip off really easily. I sent it back and they repainted. Which was nice but they blamed me for the scratches. Yes I did a few very normal things that happen with bikes but never in my cycling career have I seen paint come off so easily.

Even after it was repainted, paint is peeling off the fork. I have paint smudging under the clips, even when it’s on my bike rack and no other bike I have does this.

Ridley customer service are dismissive about this, almost rude actually. I spent a lot of money on this bike and I can’t believe how soft the paint is. It’s like they will not admit fault. I have never complained about a problem like this but the way I’m being treated makes me really unhappy and sad.

Does anyone else have this issue. I’m told everything is my fault but I feel there is a huge quality issue here with the gloss paint that Ridley want to brush off under the carpet.

I want to know if others have had the same experience before I continue my case with Ridley ?
Thanks
Anna

Attachments

• IMG_2636.jpeg
    IMG_2636.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1470.jpeg
    IMG_1470.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 71

Gunk

Guru
That doesn’t look good, it’s been badly painted, shouldn’t smudge like that and certainly shouldn’t chip like that on the bottom of the fork.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Son no. 2 has a Ridley Noah Fast and that seems to chip easily, although it's raced rather than pampered.

The 2017 Ridley Fenix and Helium framesets we bought recently seem better painted imo.

The smudging sounds like the paint hasn't properly cured if it was 2 pack . The chipping around the front axle looks a bit like poor adhesion where the top coat has been applied to a shiny surface.
Modern paints don't seem to be as durable and hard as they used to be and are easily affected by E10 petrol .

Top Bottom