Riformd spelling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If we adopted it would we spell the receptacle we sit in after our rides to wash ourselves;
1. bath,
2. barth
3. barf

Werin lys ve problum

If you bath after a ride then that is fine, but if you barf after every ride then you should seek medical help

Yep. If you didn't know what you should be reading, then your brain wouldn't be able to rearrange the letters to make sense of the scrambled words.

The point though is that the brain doesn't "rearrange the letters", it just makes sense of it. I think what the OP is getting at is something quite interesting.

I do wonder whether it would be possible to use these principles to reduce the required letters in the English language to something like 30% less and retain the same meaning and structure. I believe the reason why this works is the power of association and anticipation, our minds are always anticipating what comes next.

In all languages there are words which have multiple meanings but when they're used our brains figure out the meaning by the context in which the words are used. This perhaps is just a very complex version of that.

Intersting posting. Though I have read fairly widely over the years, mostly Novels, I have always read slowly, yet I can not spell for toffee, so when I discovered "Spell Checker" another world opend up to me. I agree with most of what the NZ teacher said and I love reading a good well put together text, yet I can not get round a lot of the classic novels or modern poetry. It is the same with spoken English. I some times listen to the speeches made in both the House of Commons and Lords and while I might not agree with what they are saying, I marvel at the way many speak and their understanding of our languge.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Ur joking?

whistling.gif

Top Bottom