Rim tape - good quality cheap source?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Having used Stans, Orange Seal, Gorilla, and DT Swiss in the past, I stick with Tesa now. Its easily the best I've used. Once or twice round and you're done :smile:
Came up with this on a Sunday night when I was desperate to re-tape my rims because the existing crappy PX rim tape had parted company with the rims and I had the other tapes to hand. I've suffered from the gunk problem as well so tested a small section with the insulation+ape tape and it worked OK, so did both wheels and so far so good.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Might try Tesa tape in the future, Tesco had a deal on 25 mm Gorilla tape last year, I bought 4 rolls for £8, I already had 2 rolls in stock

vickster

Legendary Member
chill vickster or I'll take you for a bot.

(yes spa are good, yes velox is decent stuff)
Jeez no need to be rude :wacko:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Your enquiry sparked me to look at this as I have a couple of pairs of wheels that need their rim tape replacing. Most of what's sold seems to be for tubeless set ups.
How about this Schwalbe tape (50m of 15mm width @ £20):

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Schwalbe-Fabric-Tape-50mx15mm-Workshop/dp/B00J4JIJ5Q
I think this is what my LBS uses, and they have done several wheels for me in the past.
The TESA stuff looks fine for wider rimmed wheels, tubeless or not, but too wide for mine (622-15).

Last edited:
Top Bottom