RIP Spartacus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wonder if you get to 100 and just think, I want to die now?

Hopefully you'll find out one day. ;)

I enjoyed all his films.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wonder if you get to 100 and just think, I want to die now?
I am sure that for most people aged 100 it would depend on what condition they were in. Both of my parents were happy at 80, but putting up with health problems. A few years of suffering later and they'd had enough and told me so. I'm sure that most people would be content to be 100 years old as long as they had some quality of life left, but pretty tired of it if they didn't!

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
And starring Burt Lancaster, not Kirk Douglas! :okay:
Oops! I'm making my way to The Naughty Step.:cry:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
One of the few Hollywood actors who remained married to the same woman the whole of his life as well, 65 years I believe. Respect.
His second marriage did last more than 60 years so you can still say respect.
He met Lauren Bacall at acting school but didn't marry her despite falling in love with her. That must have taken some doing. So respect again.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I am sure that for most people aged 100 it would depend on what condition they were in. Both of my parents were happy at 80, but putting up with health problems. A few years of suffering later and they'd had enough and told me so. I'm sure that most people would be content to be 100 years old as long as they had some quality of life left, but pretty tired of it if they didn't!
I am not that far on yet but sometimes I think it is time to go except I have to clear out my sheds first. The house my son can deal with but the sheds are in a different league. Still got to go places on my trike as well. Just one more reasonable summer.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am not that far on yet but sometimes I think it is time to go except I have to clear out my sheds first. The house my son can deal with but the sheds are in a different league. Still got to go places on my trike as well. Just one more reasonable summer.
If you are still riding your trike then I reckon you must have at least a few good years left... :whistle:

Both of my parents spent a year ill in bed before dying. I definitely would not like that for myself. If I knew that there was no chance of recovery then I wouldn't want to hang around just for the sake of suffering a bit longer! :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom