Rivetts Custom 1955

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KiterStu

Nosing around in a friend’s parents garage.....this was hanging on the wall. Her dad bought it from Rivett’s in Leytonstone in 1955. It’s dusty and has flat tyres, but looks like it would clean up nicely. Theres another similar bike but with a five speed derailleur belonging to her mum. Neither has been ridden in over 20 years.

OP
OP
KiterStu

KiterStu

60CE598F-15E1-461D-B5FE-0347A7305785.jpeg

OP
OP
KiterStu

KiterStu

Very nice and the brake lever is on the right side (I mean the correct side) for a fixed
I’ve no idea, these bikes are older than me, I just thought this would be a good place to post photos. I’m just amazed they’re in such good nick after all this time, there can’t be all that many of them around.

OP
OP
KiterStu

KiterStu

I’m not even sure if Rivetts still exists. I remember it as a motorcycle shop in the 80’s. I bought a pair of gloves there circa 1988 when I had my first motorbike, a 1984 XL125 😎

oldtel

Hi, looks great, a piece of history. Rivetts always used good builders, and good sources like Stokes of London for there frames, I've a BSA supplied by Rivetts from 1918 ish, so a long history and well respected. Thanks Terry

OP
OP
KiterStu

KiterStu

@KiterStu nice choice of shoes ^_^

Bike looks fab what are your plans for them ?
No plans, they’re not mine. They’re back in the garage for possibly another 20 years.

Top Bottom