RLJ Come Uppance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maylian

Veteran
So yesterday I was cycling to the gym and approaching a set of lights which were red, as I pulled up to the ASL I saw a "paddy wagon" to my right. Despite being huge and right at the front of the queue of traffic some townie decided to jump the lights across a busy cross-roads.

I laughed at his foolishness and smiled at the police officers, as the lights went green we made it to the next set of red lights just in time to see him weave through them again. To my pleasure the police put on the blues and twoes (sp) and went chasing after him. A minute later I saw him on the side of the road getting a good talking to. Doubt anything more than that happened but it did make me chuckle...

....honestly who RLJ's in front of a police vehicle!

Many years ago I was behind a Police panda westbound on the A308 Sunbury-to-Staines road.

They were doing 30 in the offside lane of an otherwise empty (40mph) dual carriageway.

I sat behind them, pulling in the clutch and blipping for a bit, but they didn't move over.

I cogged down, gave it a handful and went by on the nearside. I was very young. I got pulled over.

My argument that they were in the wrong got short shrift. It was great being young!

Great, but expensive. :tongue:

on the road

Über Member
I get the feeling a lot of shall we "townie" cyclists think red lights down't apply to them, I was stopped at a red light and a pedestrian walking across the road said to me "you can go, it's a bike innit".

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Today I saw a lady cyclist riding this road the wrong way out, then promptly jumping the red lights. That could have ended badly. There is a cycling path right along the one way street, guess she got confused.

Edit: linky did not work, anyway it was a one way road :rolleyes:

Arfcollins

Soft southerner.
....honestly who RLJ's in front of a police vehicle!
Actually...I have! :blush:
Mind you, I was about 15. I looked very carefully north, east and west - but not south. Had the talking to by the roadside then the dressing down in front of parents the following evening. Very traumatic!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Today I saw a lady cyclist riding this road the wrong way out, then promptly jumping the red lights. That could have ended badly. There is a cycling path right along the one way street, guess she got confused.

Edit: linky did not work, anyway it was a one way road :rolleyes:

That road looked a bit like some of ours last week

Shame they didn't bother to do the same when I was a foot away from being wiped out crossing the toucan here. I didn't follow the advice on the road and looked left as well as right, as the Range Rover ploughed through across my green light, up the wrong way with mobile phone clamped to ear. In front of a couldn't-give-a-damn-police-van

Rancid

round our way it seems the police have just decided to dedicate all their time to discussing how to deal with crime.
The actual application of crime prevention is a long lost fantasy.

i image a scene where there is a Fagin/Macmillan mashup telling all his roughnecks "You never had it so good" as they all go about their thieving ways.

Top Bottom