Road Hogs on dutch cycle paths

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Blimey, nice problem to have...

CotterPin

Uncle Mort - is it not the case that cyclists are required to use the cycle paths in your part of the world? I was cycling in your neck of the woods last year (just ahead of the Tour of Flanders sportive). On one occasion we were told in no uncertain terms by a driver that we should be on the cycle path. A little bit later, however, we came upon a local road club (all twenty of them) coming through at some pace. We squashed over to let them by. If they had been allowed to use the road it might have been easier for all concerned!

U

User169

Not noticed any problem, although I live in quite a small place. You only tend to get large groups of racing cyclists at the weekends and I've never had any problem with them.

Volumes of cyclists have increased a bit of late since the schools have gone back and the students have returned, but I've not really experienced any congestion.

Davidc

Guru
I haven't been to NL for a couple of years but can imagine issues on some of the busier paths I've used if numbers have increased.

I am surprised at the comments about using roads though. my observation has always been that the motorised Dutch are far more cycle friendly than the motorised British and very easy to live with on two wheels.

The Netherlands is the only place I've met serious speed bumps on a cycle path, which must say something about Dutch cycling habits!

Top Bottom