Road/Racer frame advice and pricing...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

InspireTheEmpathic

I have a pretty good knowlege of all parts of a bike except for the frame... and also costs... basically i want a lightweight 57-59cm ish frame with a decent groupset, 8-9 speed rear cassette+deraileur, dual or triple 52c chainset, STI brake/gear levers, dual pivot brakes, and double walled rims. sounds fussy? i dunno if it is... the bike below offers all that but obviously with it not being a claud butler etc i dont know what the frame is like... will it weigh a bloody tonne/break etc?
I have a absolute max of 400 to spend on a bike with that spec with a decent enough frame. I'm not on about wanting best of the best stuff, just for an entry level road/racer with a decent groupset so they will last and are easily repaired and replaced... for example shimano tiagra or 105 groupset... i couldnt afford sram stuff or the dura-ace range....
WHAT DO I DOOOO?

Viking san marino.
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:blush:T

PpPete

Legendary Member
This would be a better bet. But I wouldn't bother upgrading either to Tiagra/105.

£400 is very limiting as I'm sure you are aware....at £500 you can usually get a carbon fork and/or a better groupset.

OP
OP
InspireTheEmpathic

InspireTheEmpathic

Cheers, I've been to a local bike shop and they can custom build me a bike to that spec using a few second hand parts... parts that can be second hand, I.E brake levers, handlebars etc... for around 350-400... he was saying you can get steel frames that can be just as light as aluminium ones if they are well engineered but then have extra strength too. so I think i'm gonna go for that option as it will be custom made to my spec and some parts might be second hand but, that doesnt matter with some parts if theyre not mechanical... or even if they are the i know they guy and he wont put worn shoot on my bike.

Top Bottom