road, ride, audax etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Road, Audax, and Sportives

Events, Rides, Clubs, and Lift Shares

Are these 2 fora (ums) a bit over-lapping or not?

iLB

Hello there
poll?

The first one is 'formal' - organised and open. The 'Rides' could be prefaced by "CC and Other..." and the word 'Clubs' moved to the former title.

Giving: Clubs, Road Rides, Audax and Sportives.

and: Events, CycleChat and Other Rides, Lift Shares.

;);):evil::cycle:

bonj2

the first one is rides that are definitely going to happen, the latter is rides that might happen if enough people are up for it. i.e., organized rides/disorganized rides.

oxbob

Aperitif said:
The first one is 'formal' - organised and open. The 'Rides' could be prefaced by "CC and Other..." and the word 'Clubs' moved to the former title.

Giving: Clubs, Road Rides, Audax and Sportives.

and: Events, CycleChat and Other Rides, Lift Shares.

:ohmy::?::biggrin::cycle:
Agree with teef, maybe a sub fora in Events for the charity ride spammers?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bonj said:
the first one is rides that are definitely going to happen, the latter is rides that might happen if enough people are up for it. i.e., organized rides/disorganized rides.

ah but rides can be at once organized and disorganized. well my saturday club run often is…

Danny

Legendary Member
I agree with the OP. If you look at the threads in these forums (fora?) you can see that people are confused about what to post in each - e.g. I have seen informal rides appear in either forum

There was a thread about this a while ago and I suggested they be renamed to something like.

Audax, Sportives, and Road Racing and Informal Rides, Clubs, and Events

oxbob

Dannyg said:
I agree with the OP. If you look at the threads in these forums (fora?) you can see that people are confused about what to post in each - e.g. I have seen informal rides appear in either forum

There was a thread about this a while ago and I suggested they be renamed to something like.

Audax, Sportives, and Road Racing and Informal Rides, Clubs, and Events
Agreed, it gets on my tits that NS posts pics in road etc!

mondobongo

Über Member
I think Aperitif has banged the nail and his titles work well.

Leave Racing were it is please I dont want to be mixed with Audax and Sportives we have very little confusion about what to post in Racing. Point NS in the direction of buying advice or the gallery.

Top Bottom