Road Safety Debate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's a start.

Personally I think anyone who gets banned should be banned for life. Its quite difficult to get banned, requiring either persistent minor offending or one great big whopper, and if folk abuse the privilege to that degree then they're clearly not worthy of it.

And 12 points should mean a ban, none or this hardship bollards. If they're that bothered about hardship then its incumbent upon them to behave themselves in the first place.

Slick

Guru
Hopefully this road safety debate in the UK Parliament, in response to a petition that drivers convicted of causing death by dangerous driving should be banned for life, is the start of politicians starting to take things seriously https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/62d847df-6a3a-4807-866f-b99837a10d41

Wasn't much of a debate was it, but I suppose it would be difficult to come to any other conclusion that the status quo cannot continue.

What struck me about the remarks was, the stories they tell are just stories and figures. I always think about the people behind these stories and the suffering individuals have went through, just trying and get to the shops without using a car.

Hopefully this is the start of something and I just don't understand the significance of the chat, as looking at that lot, I wouldn't have a lot of faith in any of them to make a real difference to anyone.

Top Bottom