Road Safety

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I am posting this on behalf of Ric Stern of RST coaching.

I've created a survey with a few questions for cyclists regarding road safety. If you are a cyclist or know one please share this with them as the more people that respond, the better chance we have of improving the way cyclists are treated on our roads

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=g2x9sxwwflhm0wr410281&refer=www.timetriallingforum.co.uk

Please note, this is nothing to do with my coaching, i'm not harvesting any email addys, this is purely about road safety

I will publish the findings.

When Ric has compiled and published the results and let me know where they are hosted, I will post back linking to the findings.

Cheers to anyone that fills it in,

LauraTC79

Biggest issue for me is people overtaking too close (usually to make a point that I'm on the road and not the cycle path). However, when training for a road race you can't be cycling at race speeds where the footpath and cycle path are right next to each other.... no easy answer really.

Ern1e

Über Member
My worst fear is the idiots who overtake and then turn left on you as if you where not there ! had a couple of these incidents and one of them I did hit her rear door with the front rack of the bike that stopped her lol, she also got rather irate about it and sent for the cops.Who arrived asked questions of the both of us looked at her door and then said to her "looks rather like you turned in on the getleman to me ! " so at this she almost went into orbit and them promptley got in car and set off " oh dear says pc plod now thats is a silly thing to go and do leaving the scene of an accident before giving her insurance details, never mind sir my colleage will stay here with you and I will go and stop her and get them for you". Which he did return about 15 mins later stating well her husband is now none to impressed just given her a fixed penalty notice and her are her details ok then sir ? Yes thankyou officer but I don't have anything to claim for no damage done ! ok the we will be on our way job done then.Never heard anymore or seen the vehicle since so it looks like "job done then" to me aswell lol.

Top Bottom