Road shoes, mavic avenge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nxn2020

Looking to get some Road shoes and pedals, at the moment using mtb gear on my road bike. I'm liking the look of mavic avenge shoes and time first time pedals, anyone got any feedback on either? Or for that matter any better options?

choplee

Looking to get some Road shoes and pedals, at the moment using mtb gear on my road bike. I'm liking the look of mavic avenge shoes and time first time pedals, anyone got any feedback on either? Or for that matter any better options?
You need road shoes for sure fella , as the mtb ones will not do you any favors ....value for money I don't think you can go far wrong with shimano pedals and their cleats are good value as well ...
Time & look do cheaper end as well as high end pedals using their own systems and work well as we ..speed play are good systems with a little more maint involved low end are still pushing on £100 and cleats are harder to walk in with replacements more money than most ....look at budget and if u need lightness and also what look of oedal you like ...
Shoes just go try some on and unless your riding a lot long miles sprinting and racing then you can get a nice pair for under £100 ..:-)
I may have helped ...lol lol

sibluenose

Like you I too liked the look of Mavic Avenge. I have a pair with Mavic Sprint pedals and Mavic cleats. Great value and great looking shoes.

OP
OP
N

nxn2020

Thanks guys. Really like the look of the mavics, suppose I'll see when I try them on? Going to order some!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Time RXS.

Got some new boxed/unused (RXS Racer) with unused cleats (white with small red decal)

Also got some new/boxed unused Look Keo Max 2's if interested (these came as a deal in a box with my new bike)

I am switching from my current pedals to Time Xpresso 8 pedals.

Msg me direct if of any interest.

Other than this there are just a lot of people who use Shimano/Look/Time so any of these makes are good quality.

I think RSP do a decent copy of Look Keo pedals (I will double check that) & they are v. reasonable price too.

Edit.

Just double checked &

Not RSP's - the Look Keo copies I was thinking of are Exustar EPS-R pedals & are on sale at www.mailordercycles.com at £23.99 - just another option for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom