Road Tyres - coloured ones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KMKM

Hi,

I currently have 700c X 25 Hutchinson Nitro road tyres.

(1) First question is would my bike (Decathlon B'Twin Fitness 2 Road Bike) take 700c X 23 tyres? Has anyone got any advice regarding the two different sizes?

(2) Can anyone recommend good and cheap road tyres (ideally coloured e.g. yellow) with puncture protection such as Kevlar?

(3) Any good Michelin/Continetal tyres people can recommend?

Thanks a lot in advance

potsy

Rambler
KMKM said:
Hi,

I currently have 700c X 25 Hutchinson Nitro road tyres.

(1) First question is would my bike (Decathlon B'Twin Fitness 2 Road Bike) take 700c X 23 tyres? Has anyone got any advice regarding the two different sizes?

(2) Can anyone recommend good and cheap road tyres (ideally coloured e.g. yellow) with puncture protection such as Kevlar?

(3) Any good Michelin/Continetal tyres people can recommend?

Thanks a lot in advance
Hi pal,how about these £10 yellow,kevlar belt,not used them myself but can't go far wrong with Schwalbe.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24611

1. yes (most 23's are more like 25 in reality!)

2.Save up and get some michelin pro's - you can get them on eBay auctions for £40 a pair. They have a good rolling and anti-puncture build to them.

there's a debate whether 23's or 25's roll better - i favour the former but use 20mm's for summer as they roll even better IMHO.

Tynan

Veteran
I use 23mm Luganos, a yellow and a red at present, the colour is in a stripe either side of the central strip

They're light, hard wearing and handle well, you do get flats but nothing silly and that's on a London commute, seen them for £10 a tyre on the webby

I had a yellow Blizzard and it was shoot, it didn't last more than two weeks, a couple of hard braking moments stripped the tyre down to the carcass, I think they're being discontinued

trekkie

I've been using continental GP 4000 for training / racing for a couple of years now. Before that I was using GP 3000. haven't had a puncture since using them, but at approx £30 a tyre they are not the cheapest option.

Wocce Racer

Continental GP4000's are a very good tyre that I have been using for years and they come in all sorts of colours. Vittoria Evo's come in lots of colours too.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Zaffiro Pro Folding on the winter bike - no problems.

OP
OP
K

KMKM

Hi Thanks for the replies

So what are v.good road tyres when it's WET with puncture protection and preferably coloured?

Thanks

Top Bottom