Road wheels and forks.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

battered

Guru
I'm going to rebuild my crashed bike, assuming it's straight. It suffered smashed carbon forks and front wheel (hard enough to bend the axle so it won't turn) and a slight buckle to the rear wheel which will true up. The rest of it suffered cosmetic scratches as it skittered down the road. I suspect (hope) that the fact that the forks broke off will have saved the frame from serious damage. It's a decent Decathlon frame, 2005, ally and with 105 groupset. I don't want to rebuild it with any old tat but equally I don't want to put £1000 wheels on what was a £8-900 bike. The original wheels (700c x 25 tyres) are (were) OK quality but nothing special, black finished.

I don't know about busget but the thing is prob only worth £300 rebuilt, bearing in mind the scuff marks so that's a reasonable max budget to go with. Is anyone aware of any deals on wheels or wheelsets at the right quality level (I may buy a matched pair if the additional cost is modest), and has anyone any thoughts on forks?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Get your forks from a selection hanging from the ceiling in just about any LBS or here: http://www.carboncycles.cc/

Wheels also from LBSs, they always have spares knocking around.

OP
OP
battered

battered

Guru
Thanks GTi, I'll have a chat with my LBS. The carbon fork in that link looks OK, nice and light and only just over £100 so it's a goer.

Top Bottom