Roadkill carpet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Has anyone read about that man somewhere in this country who lives only on roadkill??:biggrin: He apparently goes round country lanes as we would go round Tesco and eats only squashed animals and things he picks from the hedges.Hes had badger,fox,pheasant all the usual but found a dog once-golden retriever if i remember correctly-and said it tastes like chicken.(why do people who eat "wrong" things ALWAYS say it tastes like chicken?just eat bl**dy chicken then!!) It just seems. so. wrong.....:biggrin:

Apeman

Über Member
Class job! That would keep the mother in law away!!!

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Lisa21 said:
Has anyone read about that man somewhere in this country who lives only on roadkill??:bravo: He apparently goes round country lanes as we would go round Tesco and eats only squashed animals and things he picks from the hedges.Hes had badger,fox,pheasant all the usual but found a dog once-golden retriever if i remember correctly-and said it tastes like chicken.(why do people who eat "wrong" things ALWAYS say it tastes like chicken?just eat bl**dy chicken then!!) It just seems. so. wrong.....:becool:

There was a BBC documentary about him last year. A harmless eccentric, really. He had a very nasty stalker at the time, though !

He was also on 'I've Never Seen Star Wars' on BBC4 recently, where Hugh Dennis said he'd never eaten roadkill. The bloke was there giving him a taste of his favourite dishes (like badger risotto and blackbird pie) !

I've been amazed at the sheer numbers of dead animals at the side of our roads over the last couple of weeks. f all over the winter then we get a bit of sun and all hell breaks loose. It's murder out there.

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
This morning there was a pigeon sitting in the middle of the road under the railway bridge (Balgreen Road). I just missed it - I suspect it was already dazed or ill.

Tonight on the way home, there was a large, manky patch of minced meat and feathers in the same spot....

Top Bottom