Roadkill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
I was out early one morning back in spring having a ride, and just as I rode down into a small dip in the road, a duck came out of the grass from the road side followed by a load of tiny ducklings walking across the road, it was inevitable that I would plough through them if I kept my pace up so I eased off to allow them to cross in front of me.

I prayed that a car would not come hurtling along, but sure enough one did, and to make it worse another great clutch of ducklings ran out onto the road chasing the other group.

Fearing the worse of watching all the ducklings get splattered, the driver of the car saw them at the last moment and to my relief braked hard and came to a halt just in front of them. The duck then headed back from where she had come from, gathering up all the duckling and went back into the grass.

When the road was all clear myself on my bike and the rider of the car carried on our ways. If them ducklings had been flattened that would have ruined my ride, and I suppose a lot of drivers would not have hesitated to have just run them over, so I was lucky I suppose it was a nice young blonde, with a nice smile and a wave for me, as we passed, that came the opposite way.

So I had a good ride in the end, thinking about two different types of bird.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Is it me or did anyone else open this thread with one eye closed kinda squirming in their seat...and then being actually pretty happy to hear that it was a fox...I was so dreading the worst!!

sorry to all fox lovers etc...I know I should be "feelin your pain" right now, but frankly...I was soooo relieved...this post could have ended really badly.

Also, I had no idea we were all such keen twitchers

Cant really add much on the twitching front I'm afriad...Once had a pigeon stuck in my attic...does that count

Mr Pig

I saw a dead kitten just along from my house this morning. Black with white paws. It was in one piece over at the edge, lying with its head against the kerb. Big pool of blood in front of its mouth.

Looks like it was badly injured but dragged itself over to the kerb to die...

Top Bottom