Roadster brake levers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teuchter

Über Member
As part of an ongoing series of changes to my 78 Raleigh 3 speed, I'd like to change the pressed steel brake levers for something less rattly. I really am OCD about rattling noises on my bikes. Can anyone recommend better quality replacement levers that wouldn't look totally out of place on an old roadster?

Alternatively, is there any way to stop the old levers from rattling apart from continually resting my fingers on them?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
surely you could use a pr of mtb styled ones , if so they are available in abundance

Drago

Legendary Member
They'll work with caliper brakes. I'm sure I got some tidy olde but goody MTB levers (brake only, no STi gear clutter) at home I could sell youse cheap. Lemme know you youre itnerested.

tyred

Legendary Member
I like these but not very authentic looking.

You could try and find a period set of Weinmann alloy flat bar levers. They don't rattle and don't rust and are the correct era. Ebay should have loads as they were common once.

OP
OP
Teuchter

Teuchter

Über Member
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. For now, I've taken Drago up on his mtb levers but will keep the options of more authentic looking levers in mind for future work... old bikes are constantly evolving after all.

Top Bottom