Romani - anyone had one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Has anyone heard of Romani: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120893573945?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

Near me and looks interesting although possibly just too big for me at 55cm (I'm 5'9"):

$(KGrHqN,!pEE9ln1JiM!BPg0L,tROQ~~60_12.JPG

Added it to the eBay thread but found some spare cash to spend ...

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I've taken a look at the Ebay ad. & I reckon that it is a cracking buy !

A pair of half decent 2nd hand 700C wheels & a saddle could easily cost that !

There was a Romani for sale on the LFGSS forum in December or January (iirc) - £100 for frame only.

They are good quality frames and if the size is 'thereabouts', I think that you could make an excellent purchase - especially since it is near to you.

If you do get it, may we have some pics please ?

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I saw this too as it's local to me. I don't think it was anything special, 1990s Cr-Mo frame (similar to R501). Entry level 300EX Biopace groupo with DT shifters, single wall alloy wheels. Looked tidy, but too small for me. £75 was a good price, but after 20 years in a shed it'd need some work. The older 1980s Romani frames looked to be higher quality and artisan built. This looks more like a badged up generic frame similar the late Eddy Merckx frames.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
It's back on ebay with another seller, looks like a flip job.

Still descibed as new, but the pictures tell a different story.

£75 is the average price for such a machine, I saw a nice Reynolds 501 1990s Raleigh Equipe in better condition go for £60

Top Bottom