Rory O'Brien Bike for Sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Rory O'Brien Bike for Sale - NOW SOLD

Very reluctantly, I have decided to sell my Rory O'Brien bike.

I'd really only want to sell it collection only or perhaps we could meet at some convenient point ? I can easily get to Chester/Weshpool/Shrewsbury/Wrexham/Llangollen.

I was told when I got the bike (a few years ago now) that it had belonged to a 'true British sportsman' who broke the British Record with the Victoria club bike trials back in 1947 - not however, riding the Rory O'Brien that I wish to sell; that dates back to 1961-1963 according to an expert in the V-CC (Peter Holland). He said that certain features of the bike, such as the grease nipple for the crank meant that it was pre-1964. I was told that the bike was actually made by Ephgrave and that the frame will be of 531. For more on Ephgrave see http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/ephgrave.html

It was my intention to 'do the bike up' something like this -

http://www.essexroadscyclingclub.com/pages/members/2007JohnYatesBikes.html

Take a look at the O'Brien on the the top row in the middle - that's what I envisaged for my bike; albeit, not fixed wheel.

FEATURES & SPECIFICATION

Shimano 600 brakes, Christope special pedals,
Colour bronze, White Bluemels mudguards

Size: From the seat post to the center of the crank is 24". Wheels 27"

Whilst the frame looks okay, the transfers/decals seem to have faded somewhat. The chainset (52/42) is by Gipiemme (?) .

I am looking for approx. £110 for this bike and I'll 'chuck in' the shabby Dawes Galaxy for nothing ! ('GALAXY' no longer available)

Oh yes, it comes with a very nice Brooks Colt saddle. It also has fitted an old saddlebag. See pics below

Tharg2007

Veteran
Normally I would want it but have too much going on at the moment, I would like to see some pickies though!!

OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
porkypete said:
lovely lugs !

Yes, I had plans to 'highlight' the lugs.

I'd be more than happy not to sell this bike . . . . . . . unlike my Missus.

Actually, that doesn't read quite right, I've no plans to sell her either.

FBOAB

God that's scrumptious! I may be a recent re convert back to cycling but as an engineer I appreciate a quality pice of frame building. Hmm let me check with the other half and I'll get back to you. Obviously if others come back before me, don't wait.....Begin long argument with missus...:ohmy:

Rembran

Rory OBrien

I'll take this bike if you can compomise a little on the price!
I could collect from you in the Shrewsbury area.
Please call me on 01952 883513

OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Rembran, I've pm'd you.

Top Bottom