Rotor 3D Plus + 110 BCD 175mm Chainset With 52-36 Q-Rings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Anyone use these, and what's your opinion, thinking about this as i like the idea of the larger chain rings, if i did not get on with it i could always drop back to compact normal rings, and still keep the cranks.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I have this on my Cervelo, I used it today on my 200km ride. For me I find it really works well on undulating rolling roads. I feel like I can pedal on forever and I can really get the power down with such a fluid motion. Definitely worth looking at.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I currently use Rotor 3D with 175mm cranks on both 53/39 Aero Q-Rings (On road bike) and 175mm cranks on 53/38 QXL rings on my TT bike. Would not go back to normal rings now. The QXL's can be quite hard on the hamstrings until you get used to them as they force you to use the upstroke more (or at least it feels that way). You might have really tired legs for the first couple of rides until you get used to them, then they will feel really nice.

I just did a 150km sportive on Sunday on my road bike, 1400m of climbing at avg speed of 32.5kph and legs feel fine afterwards. I find I don't get as much fatigue with the Q-Rings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I currently use Rotor 3D with 175mm cranks on both 53/39 Aero Q-Rings (On road bike) and 175mm cranks on 53/38 QXL rings on my TT bike. Would not go back to normal rings now. The QXL's can be quite hard on the hamstrings until you get used to them as they force you to use the upstroke more (or at least it feels that way). You might have really tired legs for the first couple of rides until you get used to them, then they will feel really nice.

I just did a 150km sportive on Sunday on my road bike, 1400m of climbing at avg speed of 32.5kph and legs feel fine afterwards. I find I don't get as much fatigue with the Q-Rings.
That's what i was hoping to hear, i thought there may be a breaking in period, looking forward to trying them, am just waiting for our LBS to get the rings in, and hopefully get them fitted later on in the week.

Top Bottom