Rotrax Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apiento

Hey all,

New here so hello and good day. I have been working on Rotrax cycles new site for some time with the lovely owner of the company and thought a few of you might be interested.

It's here - Rotrax Cycles if you are. Classic frames abound.

Feel free to get in touch on the email with any questions.

Happy cycling.

Paul.

Welcome apiento

I had a look but after 5 min's I just wonted to go back to the start but there was no way! so can you put a Home page button?

Ah Cool. I had a Rotrax. Bought it off an old bloke who used to race it. I did a refurb on it and it carried me for many happy miles, commuting and touring. Sadly it died.

Dave5N

Über Member
Christ! They still going?

One of our club members has a lovely old one - bought donkeys ago. He drove all the way down to Southampton from Birmingham a few years back on a sort of pilgrimage - wanted to see the shop for himself.
He got there but was bustin' so he asked if there was a toilet he could use - desperate circumstances and all that. Was given a very short 'no'.

He went out, used the facilities in a nearby pub, and never went back.

Not sure of the point of my story, but there you are. :sad:

jay clock

Massive member
Was given a very short 'no'.
Much like my experience. Well before I got into cycling more seriously I was looking for some slightly obscure part and was directed to try there. The guy who served me looked at me like a turd and said they didn't have it. And no, he couldn't suggest where else to try. Even though I walked out the door and saw GA Cycles about 100m away...... The shop looks really run down and clearly appeals to a certain generation of road cyclist (at 46 I am about 20 years too young for them)

edited: Not sure when I last saw it open...

OP
OP
A

apiento

Hey chaps.

Well the shop is no longer there and the guy I am helping is a very charming guy called Tim who will no doubt answer any questions you have.

Personally I love the frames hence getting involved. Classic stuff.

Cheers,

Paul (Apiento).

P.S If you click on the Rotrax logo in the header it will always take you to the top of the blog. P.

OP
OP
A

apiento

Thanks Dave. I guess putting prices on blogs just doesn't seem the done thing to do. I think a lot of frame manufacturers try to avoid and Tim from Rotrax is very hands on about the whole thing (maybe from staff experiences after reading above). If you get in touch he will come back to you with anything you need and more.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I went to the shop in the late 70s (maybe very early 80s) to buy a frameset. A Holdsworth tourer as I think - I don't recall exactly the model, but I know it was my first 531 double butted. Couldn't afford new bike so just bought the F&F, put junk parts on it to start with and gradually upgraded. It was a lovely thing in the end, sadly totalled when some daft car "driver" coming the other way, turned right across my path.

The shop certainly had "atmosphere" but they were OK with me, maybe they took pity on my "poor student" look back then.

Top Bottom