RSP Is this worth selling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Is it worth selling my RSP division frame and DA7700 wheels.

Thinking if thinking out my bike stuff so wonder if this bike is worth selling.

I could get it up and running but not with the groupset it deserves.

IMG_20240408_215247752.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
How many bikes have you got already?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Vintage bike prices appear to be still down a bit, but we're getting into the Spring so may be worth it. Retrobike / eBay are probably your best bet - value-wise it'll depend how original it is. Is the frame re-sprayed? If so it's worth less I'm afraid. I have the same issue with mine.

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Vintage bike prices appear to be still down a bit, but we're getting into the Spring so may be worth it. Retrobike / eBay are probably your best bet - value-wise it'll depend how original it is. Is the frame re-sprayed? If so it's worth less I'm afraid. I have the same issue with mine.

Think it's original paintwork it's got a few marks but nothing really bad or dents.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Think it's original paintwork it's got a few marks but nothing really bad or dents.

If it's a Special Products Division, and the frame number confirms this, then I'd suggest the frame is worth £250-300. I can't quite see the groupset but the value is in the frame imo.

eBay as an auction will get you (probably) the best price, but it's a risk that it only goes for the start price. Retrobike will get a smaller level of interest, but they know what they're looking for specifically.

I try to avoid Retrobike for the sake of my bank balance and domestic harmony.

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
If it's a Special Products Division, and the frame number confirms this, then I'd suggest the frame is worth £250-300. I can't quite see the groupset but the value is in the frame imo.

eBay as an auction will get you (probably) the best price, but it's a risk that it only goes for the start price. Retrobike will get a smaller level of interest, but they know what they're looking for specifically.

I try to avoid Retrobike for the sake of my bank balance and domestic harmony.

Not really a groupset tbh. Needs 600 or campy really.

I have a decent Shimano chainset, rsx brakes ditto.... Suntour DT levers, Might have a vintage rd rather than the 5600 that on ATM.

Top Bottom