Rubino Folding v Veloflex v Open Corsa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mallory

I need to start thinking about tyre choice's for when my 50mm carbon hoops go back on my bike.

I'm a great fan of both the Veloflex & Open corsa in DRY conditions as they are fast and stick like glue. However in wet/damp conditions they puncture like hell.

My winter tyre's Gp4000 4 seasons are puncture free but I don't want to use them on the carbon as A. They a RPITA to mount on the rims B. Having them on fast wheels seems to be a backwards step.

I've had mixed results with Open Pave (ripped the side wall after a couple of rides) so i'm looking elsewhere.

The Rubino Pro seems to get good write ups but just wondered what they were like for training mileage in dry/wet spring summer days and sportives. My tyre selection will be the one i use during my 100mile London Bikeathon in September so light/fast but good Puncture protection if it rains is crucial.

I used to run Open Corsa's and really like them, but they are expensive and don't last very long. I'm now running Rubino Pro's which were less than half the price and seem to wear quite well. IMO the slight difference in performance isn't justified unless you're racing at a decent level.

Top Bottom