Rudge Clubman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aclands

New Member
I am 74 and I have had a Rudge Clubman since I bought it in 1952. I also have spare Bluemell mudguards. It is sitting in my garage and I would like to sell it to someone who would be keen to restore it. Having just seen some photos of what can be done I am amazed. If anyone is interested I would love to hear from them. Denis Towell
 

Hilldodger

Legendary Member
Location
sunny Leicester
Hi Denis,

I'm sure someone would be delighted to. Where abouts are you?
 

Shaun

Founder
Moderator
Hi Denis,

I see you managed to register okay - good stuff. :smile:

I've moved your post into the Cafe as more people will see it there.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:
 

ASC1951

Guru
Location
Yorkshire
Come to think of it, I have a couple of old ladies' bikes in my garage. Both with rod brakes, Sturmey hubs (one a coaster brake) and the usual gubbins. I think they are Humbers and they are certainly 50s at the latest, one of them possibly pre-war.

I think they are hideous and have several times almost got round to taking them to the tip. If there is actually a market for this sort of thing, anyone is welcome to the pair of them. I can even throw in a 1950s track frame/bars as used on the Sheffield grass track of that era!
 

krushavik

New Member
It seems strange that Aclands should put a post up about his Rudge bike. I have been in the garage all morning restoring the wife's Rudge. The stainless steel wheels have come up like new but the bar brakes need a bit more attention. I know it will look amasing when its done. They don't make bikes to last anymore. ( Oh the tyres took some finding)
 

krushavik

New Member
I could do with a few of the old nuts and bolts which hold the chrome levers on.
 

porteous

Veteran
Location
Malvern
I am 74 and I have had a Rudge Clubman since I bought it in 1952. I also have spare Bluemell mudguards. It is sitting in my garage and I would like to sell it to someone who would be keen to restore it. Having just seen some photos of what can be done I am amazed. If anyone is interested I would love to hear from them. Denis Towell

Dear Denis; About three years ago I restored a dead Rudge Clubman owned by a gentleman in very similar circumstances to yours. You can see the results here:

http://www.flickr.co...N03/2925931443/

and here:

http://www.flickr.co...N03/4137736943/

I very much enjoy riding the Clubman and would be interested in resuscitating another. Let me know roughly where you are and how much you want for the bike and I will give you an answer by return. Regards; David Craig
 
Top Bottom