Rudge Whitworth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Can anyone tell me anything about this bike? It's a Rudge Whitworth which my mum got in the early 1970s; she says it was old then so probably dates from the 1960s or even 50s. Frame and some parts are original, wheels and saddle are newer. Worth cleaning up and selling?
20140720_115339.jpg
20140720_115413.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Worth cleaning up and using if you are so inclined.

midlife

Guru
If you are selling then sell as it is..........people will know what they are getting as it's the original patina and plus you don't have to do a shed load of cleaning.

Shaun

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's extremely unlikely to be ridden by me or my mum, I was just wondering if there was such a thing as a Rudge Whitworth enthusiast, who would maybe want to give my mum a few quid for it.

shadaboot27

This bike is 1943 or older. In 1943 the company was bought by Raleigh and they were then just called "Rudge" and they began to use different head badges to the one your bike has. If you want to sell it don't bother doing anything to it as people that buy these bikes like to do it themselves. But to be honest it's not worth much especially as a lot of the parts aren't original. I buy bikes similar to this all the time and you probably looking at about £30 max.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
This bike is 1943 or older. In 1943 the company was bought by Raleigh and they were then just called "Rudge" and they began to use different head badges to the one your bike has. If you want to sell it don't bother doing anything to it as people that buy these bikes like to do it themselves. But to be honest it's not worth much especially as a lot of the parts aren't original. I buy bikes similar to this all the time and you probably looking at about £30 max.

I'll tell mum to keep the cork in the bottle for now. :smile:

U

User42423

I totally agree with 'shadaboot27'. Although a nice machine, realistically priced at £30 or £40. I've just bought something similar for £30.

Top Bottom