Rye - Thursday 12th Jan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm thinking of going for a fairly swift spin down from London to Rye in East Sussex for lunch on Thursday if anyone would like to come along.

It's not definite yet but the weather is looking ok and I'll confirm sometime on Weds. Meeting point would probably be Bromley South station at around 9am so that would allow for people to get a train down to there if they like.

Plenty of bail points along the route should they be needed.

frank9755

Cyclist
It's a lovely ride but I found 168 miles to be a long way to go for 12 chips!

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok probably not going to Rye (although not entirely decided) but I am going for at least 60 miles round Hever Castle

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ben, both are loops. Hever is about 50 miles, rye about 100. I'm unlikely to get to Bromley now before 10 so it is likely to be Hever Castle if you're up for that?

Thanks for that Martin. Very pleasant ride. It felt more like late spring than January. Great views, plenty of songbirds flitting about, four castles/stately homes, varied riding - more people should head out to this little corner of countryside (as long as they like hills). Just sorry that I was of little help on the drag back into the wind and London!

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yep that was a good day out, it should be done much more often. Short sleeves most of the way round for me but did feel the cold towards home.

Thanks for putting up with my tired legs. I'm now going to eat ridiculous amounts of food ready for Saturday!!

Top Bottom