S/A (or any other) 3 speed hub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevew

I rather fancy building a new wheel for the rear of my single speed Langster with a 3 speed hub to cope with the hills on longer rides so I'm looking for a hub (aluminium bodied if poss) a trigger changer a rim and some spokes. Another possibility would be a complete wheel but it must be OK for a 23mm tyre.
In fact thinking about it a Nexus or SRAM 3 speed would be OK too and it would look better 'cos it's much smaller in diameter.
Mmmm, still thinking! What about one of the 2 speed automatic hubs? That could be another way to go, then the bike would still look "clean" But have all these 2 speeds got coaster brakes? I don't really fancy that!

OP
OP
stevew

stevew

I rather fancy building a new wheel for the rear of my single speed Langster with a 3 speed hub to cope with the hills on longer rides so I'm looking for a hub (aluminium bodied if poss) a trigger changer a rim and some spokes. Another possibility would be a complete wheel but it must be OK for a 23mm tyre.
In fact thinking about it a Nexus or SRAM 3 speed would be OK too and it would look better 'cos it's much smaller in diameter.
Mmmm, still thinking! What about one of the 2 speed automatic hubs? That could be another way to go, then the bike would still look "clean" But have all these 2 speeds got coaster brakes? I don't really fancy that!

atb

Steve,
I have a new in box Sachs 3 speed hub, with grip shift and all the gubbins. It has coaster brake though.

atb

Steve,
I have a new in box Sachs 3 speed hub, with grip shift and all the gubbins. It has coaster brake though.

OP
OP
stevew

stevew

Top Bottom