Sabbath Aspire Titanium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Some of you will remember that a few months ago, that i posted about getting my dream bike. The budget was 2k and the bike was to be steel or titanium....

fast forward to now and i have the bike in my possession....Spec below

Sabbath Aspire Ti 54cm Frame
Deddacai Carbon Forks
Full 105 Groupset ( Triple)
Ultegra 12/30 Cassette
Pro Finishing Kit
Handbuilt Velocity A23's on 105 Hubs
Conti 4 seasons
Shimano M520 SPD's

Total Spend - £2085

Bike - £1620
Wheels - £270
Retul Fit - £195 ( including replacement stem)

On first sight of the bike as i got it out of the box, the whole thing looked simple, clean, uncluttered, smooth welds, slim sleek tubing and a thing of absolute beauty.

Before riding the bike i wanted to make sure it fitted perfectly, so i booked a fitting at The Shed in Hereford for a full Retul fit. The fitting to approx 2hrs and the only thing that was changed after the fit, was changing the stem from 100mm to 130mm.

The First Ride

Went out over the weekend and took the bike for its proper ride. 30 miles around the hills of the llandegfedd reservoir. The bike felt quick, agile, smooth even...gear changes were precise and effortless, whether it was from the hoods or the drops, the wheels rolled along effortlessly soaking up the undulations of the potholed roads. Compared to the Giant Defy it replace, the road buzz was virtually gone, the harshness off the back end disappeared and the ride was just nothing short of amazing.

Everything just felt like a hot knife slicing through butter, it was smooth and uninterrupted.......

Long may this feeling continue and let the placebo effect stay with me forever.

:wahhey:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
pics?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

20130729_181618-1.jpg
20130729_181601-1.jpg
20130729_181753-1.jpg
20130729_181641-1.jpg
20130729_181820-1.jpg
20130729_181733-1.jpg
20130729_181716-1.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Very nice. Very very nice indeed.
Love the straight seat stay's rather then the bendy ones.
Couple of things.
Put the pump t'other side, away from the chainset. Will look more balanced.
Get a Garmin out front mount, (KEdge, Sram etc) a little bit more dosh but will look so much better.
Put some clear tape (sellotape, helicopter etc) where the cables rub the frame.

What size frame is it? That's a fair old head tube there.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Very nice. Very very nice indeed.
Love the straight seat stay's rather then the bendy ones.
Couple of things.
Put the pump t'other side, away from the chainset. Will look more balanced.
Get a Garmin out front mount, (KEdge, Sram etc) a little bit more dosh but will look so much better.
Put some clear tape (sellotape, helicopter etc) where the cables rub the frame.

What size frame is it? That's a fair old head tube there.

its a 54cm frame ian - 16.5cm headtube. Helps with the comfort on the lower back and a bit more heads up.

will defo get the out front mount and the helicopter tape, i did have the pump the otherside but didn't like it that way round, but will give it another go.

Just need to change the saddle now for a charge spoon in black, wiggle have none in stock.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My VN is 54cm frame but with a 13.5cm Head tube.
A little bit more racy :thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

My VN is 54cm frame but with a 13.5cm Head tube.
A little bit more racy :thumbsup:

that was the reason i didnt go for the VN and i couldnt get a yukon within spec and price.

but the sabbath does look and ride superbly well, so no regrets on that front. i do like the VN redwood 29er though with carbon forks, so may still get a VN after all........

Hope swmbo doesnt see this :whistle:

Albert

Über Member
Rather than helicopter tape I use the blank vinyl sheets that the printers who put graphics on cars use. Much, much cheaper (a fiver for a metre x 2 metre length) and comes with a backing marked up as a grid. In my experience the adhesive used is a little less aggressive making it easier to position..

Top Bottom