Saffer in Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

Just a quick intro from me. I am 43 years old and just arrived in the UK from South Africa. I have been watching all the cyclists zipping around where I have settled (Burley in Wharfedale near Otley and Ilkley) feeling very jealous, as my mountain bike and other cycling gear is sitting in a shipping container and is still a month from getting here.

In any event, I sold my road bike before coming over so decided to take the plunge and buy a road bike. I'm picking it up this evening so very excited! It's a full carbon Merlin Malt CR with shimano 105 all round. Paid
£370 which I think is okay. I'll be riding it with my daughter's pink scooter helmet for the meanwhile!

I also joined British Cycling (I got a free membership with HSBC so thought I may as well). They gave me a code to use with Chain Reaction Cycles but it expires on 31 July and is only valid on a minimum spend of
£150. I don't think I'll be dropping any more money on cycling stuff for the next few days so if it's of use to anyone, please feel free to use it. It's only £10 but I figure I may as well give it to someone else to use it.

The voucher code is BCJUL19TS7JJVS.

Please reply if you do use it so I know it's no longer valid.

Hope to chat with some of you in the coming weeks.

OP
OP
Scooterza

Scooterza

Save £10 with Chain Reaction Cycles on orders over £150. Single use only. Expires 31 July. Min spend of £150. Applicable from 1 June 2019. Shop now
Your unique code is: BCJUL19TS7JJVS

Save 10% when you spend over £100 at Freewheel. Applicable from July 1. Expires July 31.
Your unique code is: BCR63EIURY

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Welcome - I visited SA in 2016 as my wife grew up in Pietermaritzburg. Saw Cape Town, Durban, the Drakensburg and spent some time volunteering in Swaziland before going to the NE coast on the way back.

Zane

Hi Sooterza,

I've just joined the forum too. Some of my family are from Yorkshire. Beautiful place and great for bike rides.

Top Bottom