Sainsbury Insurance (cycling weekly today)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

justAl

Intersting article today on their website. Sainsburys have released stats about how many cylists were injured in 2006/07. TOTAL over 13,000. I don't want to be seen to take this lightly, especially if you've been hit by WVM but 518 of us hit "a stationary object." I have done this myself in the past ( the back of the bus hurt ) and a friend recently hit a parked car and is still having the mickey taken.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Not really suprising. They should use a trolley like anyone else

mr Mag00

rising member
i have almost hit cars at night especially when parked on the wrong side of the road, for all their faults the Us has that one right where you must park on the correct carriageway

Rode into the back of an Austin Cambridge that was parked in someones garage once when I was about thirteen or fourteen. I'm an epileptic and had a fit just as I was passing the said garage and didn't turn the corner just rode straight on. Put a scar on the point of my chin from a loose piece of trim, which is hidden away under my beard to this day (the scar not the trim:smile:).

buggi

Bird Saviour
the mark of a true cyclist is one that has ridden into the back of a parked car. i did it about 10 years ago. a guy at work did it a year ago and he's still having it ripped out of him.

Noodley

I rode into the back of a car when I was in primary school, it stopped and I did not whilst going down a hill. Still got the facial scars.

I also rode into the back of a parked car during a snow storm just after finishing my paper round aged about 14, it was a white-out and the car was covered in snow so I did not see it.

I did it aged about 7. I was turning round, talking to a friend, looked back forwards just in time to watch the world go upside down. I ended up sat on the bonnet, climbed off, back on the bike and off we went .. double quick.

Looking back now, I really hope I didn't scratch the car. It just didn't occur to me at the time that I might have damaged it .. :wahhey:

Top Bottom