"Sam Brown" reflective belts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ninjajebus

Hi,
Does anybody know where I can get a "sam brown" reflective belt for a couple of pounds? Everywhere seems to be looking a tenner for them which seems a bit much to me.
Thanks,
Paul

sheddy

Legendary Member
sorry for not answering your question , but hi-viz vests are much cheaper and more effective

OP
OP
N

ninjajebus

Hi guys,
Thanks for your replies. Just to make it clear, I'm not questioning the safety aspect, but a tenner seems like quite a steep mark-up. I've got a hi-viz vest but when it get's wet it's a bit of a pain, I just figured that a "sam brown" belt with a flashing led light clipped on to it is the most versitile. I was just looking to get one cheaply.
That flashing LED one seems like the shizzle though, I'll take a closer look at that. Any one know of any other cheap ones?
Thanks,
Paul

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Picked my son one up in the sale bin at Halfords for £5 last weekend.

A much maligned bit of kit IMHO, I do think it has a place in the cyclist armoury as it does mark us out pretty uniquely from a distance on the roads in the same way pedal reflectors do, where a Hi Viz vest may just be a worker walking home on the pavement rather than me in the road. (got a HVV too tho)

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

chap

Veteran
Any excuse to wear a Sam Browne! A cycling version will save me looking like a fool wearing my military ones in public. ;)

Top Bottom