Schwalbe Marathon Plus sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barnesy

Hey,

Im kitting a Carrera Subway 1 out for touring and looking at getting a set of these tyres.

The current tyres are 26x1.6.

So if buying from CRC theres two sizes available:
26x1.35 and 26x1.75

Will either of these fit the rims?

Thanks

They should do, but there is a better way!

This link explains tyre sizes and why the 26 x 1.75 etc can be misleading.

You are far better using the ISO numbers.That way as long as the three digit number is the same as your poresent tyre (and is stamped on the rim) then the tyre will fit.

As it is the Schwalbe website illustrates this with 26" M+ ranging from a 559 to a 590 diameter. (Although the two you have mentioned are listed as 559)

Check the ISO number on your present tyre and ensure you getthe right ones.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have a Subway 1.
yes they will both fit
1.35's will be thinner tyres then what you have, 1.75's will be thicker.

I would go with the 1.35's personally

barnesy said:
Hey,

Im kitting a Carrera Subway 1 out for touring and looking at getting a set of these tyres.

The current tyres are 26x1.6.

So if buying from CRC theres two sizes available:
26x1.35 and 26x1.75

Will either of these fit the rims?

Thanks

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I've got some Marathon Pluses on my trike (just put 'em on last week) and I notice more rolling resistance than with the previous Big Apples (whopping fat tyres) and definitely over the Marathon Racers I had first of all. I reckon the narrower ones would probably be a sensible choice, bearing this in mind.

Hope you manage to get them on the wheels, they can be rotters apparently. I have found liberal doses of washing-up liquid made it not too difficult for mine, but I imagine the first time I go out in the rain I'll have bubbly wheels.

Top Bottom