schwalbe tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Kojaks and Brompton rear wheel assemblies were made for each other - not. @User14044 is only half right in saying it twice.

Standard Brompton Kevlars are faster for long rides. You will very rarely get a puncture. Kojaks are almost guaranteed to incorporate an unscheduled stop.

Last edited:

Bodhbh

Guru
Kojaks are fast, the pucture protection is okay, but the sidewalls are very skimpy. I had them fail a couple of times, but there's a fair amount of debris on my commute.

12boy

Guru
I have been hearing from those who ride tubeless mtn bikes that there is a sealant called, I believe, Orange seal. there is also Stan's seal. These guys allege that punctures are not much of a problem for them. I have tried Slime with little success and it is very messy as far as i am concerned and does not aid in flat fixing when there is a flat it does not seal. Does anyone have any info on this? Specifically, do Stan's and Orange seal work well and if so, can a Brompton be made tubeless? Here in the American west we have something called goat heads, aka puncture vine, that loves to grow next to bike paths and creates a two thorned seed with thorns about 1/4 inch or so. It does look like a tiny goat head and seems to always present with a thorn up, Being goat head proof without going to airless tires or relying on heavy tires, thicker innertubes, Mr Tuffys and Slime would be great. I have heard an LBS owner say that combination is the only way to avoid goat heads with confidence but it would be like riding on concrete tires.

Top Bottom