Schwalbe tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spandex

I love Dr D
Hello I do not come this way often but I need some info

What is the best Schwalbe road tyre 700c x 25 or a 23? It does not matter about the price;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Best for what?

The Ultremo is their top of range tyre, and looks very nice indeed. Some say it cuts a little too easily, but to balance that I've seen pics of a tyre that survived what looks like a tyre killing split (held together by the sub tread layer) and allowed the rider to finish their event.

I've had good experiences with the Stelvio (wire bead, 25c) as a commuting tyre (rolled nice, fairly durable, grippy).

The Stelvio plus seems like a good compromise between the bombproof M+ and the demands of a road tyre for lightness. (Has the sub tread rubber, but in a thinner layer)

The Stelvio Evolution is their entry in the front/rear specific tyre market (like Conti's Force/Attack combo).

OP
OP
spandex

spandex

I love Dr D
It is just for FAST road riding (just me letting out some energy) no racing or commuting!

OP
OP
spandex

spandex

I love Dr D
That is weird the Ultremo and the Stelvio (folding) are the same price?? RRP £33.99

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
spandex said:
That is weird the Ultremo and the Stelvio (folding) are the same price?? RRP £33.99

I think the Stelvio will be harder wearing, the Ultremo will be lighter and faster though. If you don't mind replacing them sooner, I'd try the Ultremo, they're supposed to be really nice, might be just the ticket for some serious fun riding.

Incidentally, the guy at my LBS is riding Ultremos at the moment - he loves them.

OP
OP
spandex

spandex

I love Dr D
Cool I will get some Ultremos then. As for replacing them that is not a problem as I get them at a very good Trade price.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
spandex said:
Cool I will get some Ultremos then. As for replacing them that is not a problem as I get them at a very good Trade price.
Might be why the chap at the LBS rides them then B)

Have fun!

Top Bottom