Scott CR1 Pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Thought i would finally getting around to giving a quick review of this bike.

http://www.scottusa.com/gb_en/category/380/cr1

The thing I would say that's most obvious about this bike is its hill climbing ability. It's not just light, it's damn light! If you are crap at climbing hills, this is the bike for you! I picked it up at lunch time and rode home with a guy from work. he was faster than me in general, but i stuck with him on the hills much better than i thought i would, and i rode a very hilly route to Paris last year and even beat a bloke up a big hill, which is very unlike me, no matter how unfit the bloke is!

There is a 105 version (the CR1) which i would say is probably just as good.

The CR1 Pro retails at about £1700 but i managed to knock the guy down to £1400 so i was pretty happy about that. I think its got pretty good equipment on it for the money and its a more relaxed ride than some road bikes, not too "race position" so you can go long distances on it. it felt comfortable when i sat on it in the shop and it didn't hurt my flower!

you may need to change the seat! it's a bit uncomfortable, especially for a girl.

the only down side is i think i may be a bit light for it, it feels a bit flighty and i feel like i could do with an extra stone to keep it down when it's really windy. but its only a slight niggle and i am a girl on a man's bike! and i wouldn't swap that for less hill climbing ability.

Top Bottom