Scott CR1 Team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
My new pride and joy:biggrin:

dsc00121pg1.jpg

As stock except for stem (Ritchey Comp), handlebars (40cm Cinelli Vai) and saddle (Selle Italia SLR).
Not 100% dialed in yet but she's pretty comfy and damn fast!
I'm probably a bit slower on the steep slopes as I was previously running 34-29 as my lowest gear and here it's 39-25, which gave my legs a good workout this morning!
But on the flat, downhill and particulary the more gentle climbs she absolutely flies. I prepare myself to gear down when I hit a slope, but the cadence never drops and before I know it I'm at the top of the hill:biggrin:
Hopefuly my stength will improve so that I can spin the 39-25 up the steeper climbs.
Good times:biggrin:

yenrod

Joe said:
My new pride and joy:biggrin:

As stock except for stem (Ritchey Comp), handlebars (40cm Cinelli Vai) and saddle (Selle Italia SLR).
Not 100% dialed in yet but she's pretty comfy and damn fast!
I'm probably a bit slower on the steep slopes as I was previously running 34-29 as my lowest gear and here it's 39-25, which gave my legs a good workout this morning!
But on the flat, downhill and particulary the more gentle climbs she absolutely flies. I prepare myself to gear down when I hit a slope, but the cadence never drops and before I know it I'm at the top of the hill:biggrin:
Hopefuly my stength will improve so that I can spin the 39-25 up the steeper climbs.
Good times:biggrin:

WOW - thats low 34-29 !

39-25 is more like it: nice mountain gear !

Ive heard Scott bikes have steep angles - is this so :biggrin:

bonj2

whack a triple on it go on you know you want to. you're trying to convince yourself you don't want to, I can tell. Butreally you do.

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
yenrod said:
WOW - thats low 34-29 !
To be fair I had been riding 34-25 but stuck the 29 on just before the Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge to be safe. I never got around to changing it back so it's a bit of a shock to the system!
Can noone else see the photo?

yenrod

Edit your 1st post Joe and you'll see why we cant see it !

It should be the address with the pic and no URL as far as I understand.

mr Mag00

rising member
nice looking bike, keeping an eye out for new road bike and wa son my short list will need a test ride first though

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
Still loving this bike! I'd definitely recommend it.
I've switched some of my old Campag onto it as I really wasn't getting on with the Shimano. Much better now, even though it's entry level stuff!
Also put some shallow drop Deda 215 bars on which are much much comfier.
I'm actually averaging 20mph on rides I was doing at 17-18 on my previous bike:eek:
dsc00154rk8.jpg

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
yenrod said:
Are you using a Shimano block with Campag. shifters ?
No, it's a campag block.
I was at one time (with a shiftmate) but it looked horrible!

Top Bottom