Scott Sportster P3 Stolen from MANCHESTER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zico

Hi

Silver Scott Sportster P3 2008 model stolen from outside Edinburgh bike Co-op (Oxford road, opposite whitworth park) on the 8th of April.

Quite "specked" (i don't know how to spell that) out.

Kenda tyres
Time pedals
SLX rear derailleur
Raised handlebars
Green & black ergonomic grips
SRAM chain

Everything else is standard including front lockout suspension.

Anyone see's anything please let me know.

Left with 2 broken locks and 1 broken heart.

Thank-you

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Oh man, that's a bummer. I always take mine into EBC with me, they have stands for you and generally someone there to keep a bit of an eye on it, although I generally never let it out of my sight...

Tharg2007

Veteran
bad one. Amazing no one noticed them breaking the locks, the stands are right outside the big windows!!

What locks did you have? did they leave them behind? if so can you tell how they broke them?

OP
OP
Z

zico

Left both of them behind.

One's a kryptonite cable lock, the other was just some random cable lock. Looks like bolt cutters on both of them. I noticed someone had had a go at the cheaper cable once before, but they couldn't cut it, which give me a bit of confidence in both locks.

Live and learn eh. But shoot I could do with my bike back and not spending money on a new one. The police have now officially not found it.

Tharg2007

Veteran
I know this wont help you much but may help other with similar lock setups, cable locks aren't really much use other than maybe securing a wheel or seat to the frame, you need either a good quality u-lock or a heavy duty chain, and even these can be broken, just takes longer.
If your bike is worth more than a few hundred quid then its worth spending at least £30 on a semi decent lock.

Bodhbh

Guru
Tharg2007 said:
I know this wont help you much but may help other with similar lock setups, cable locks aren't really much use other than maybe securing a wheel or seat to the frame, you need either a good quality u-lock or a heavy duty chain, and even these can be broken, just takes longer.
:tongue:

Likewise I know it's probably a sore point to bring up now. A flatmate had a cable lock wrapped around his seattube he'd lost the key for and wanted removing. I have a pair of boltcroppers, not the real big ones, 15inches or so long - portable inside a jacket - so I had a punt. Took like a second to chomp thru the cable, didn't even have to put much effort into it, no noise or straining or fuss, just snip and bye bye lock.

OP
OP
Z

zico

No, Edinburgh Bike Co-op don't have any CCTV, but the police do just down the road. It doesn't actually point at the bike stands though.

Top Bottom