Scratched paintwork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holdsworth

Über Member
Not a good thing to see when unlocking my bike after finishging work yesterday evening.

I have to lock my bike to supporting pillar of a metal shelter, basically two peices of box steel bolted together, as my workplace provides no cycle racks. This means theat my bike sticks out into the shed by quite a way and can be an obstruction. So I went to my bike and found it had turned a few degrees to the left and a red moped (BX59 HNE) had parked behind and had obviously moved my bike's rear end to fit in. Moving the bike without care around the post to which it was locked meant a large scratch was created down the left chainstay which was leaning against the post.

I haven't an idea whether it has scratched the paint itself or just the surface lacquer. What should I do to prevent any further damage to paint and/or frame?

I have been in contact with security and my H/R manager and CCTV footage will be checked and a report filed.

Strick

Sickening. :sad:
Not sure what else you can do. Is your company big enough to potentially put decent cycle storage in if you ask H/R?

OP
OP
Holdsworth

Holdsworth

Über Member
Apparently there is a plan in motion to replace the bike sheds and put up some purpose built storage. That doesn't look like it'll happen for the next few months though. I will try nail polish to seal it and see what can be done to keep the post from damaging my bike again. It is a pitta I have to use that one post but it is the only one that provides any form of shelter from the elements and happens to be the most secure, the other options are the nearby temporary fences.

Top Bottom