Screwing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Attention grabbing title for a dull question I'm afraid... I made the decision recently to spend time and money fettling my current steed rather than buy a new bike. I'm pretty happy with where I've got it to, however, a number of the accessories I've bought (bipod stand, pannier rack, p-clips, steering stabiliser) have all arrived without an adequate number of screws - the upshot is that I have depleted my very small selection of machine screws to nothing and I am still short one screw to attach the front light in the center of the forks.

I don't want to buy one screw because it will cost a 'fortune' and I like having spares around for any jobs that need doing. However, I can not seem to find anywhere that sells a small selection pack of socket head screws, washers and nuts of sensible sizes for bike maintenance. So can anyone enlighten me as to where I might be able to buy some?

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Try Here I often buy from them

OP
OP
amasidlover
I could go to somewhere like SJS and buy lots of different packs, but it does get very expensive very quickly. Hadn't thought of Halfords... I have found this at Halfords now, but it has far fewer screws in than I was hoping for and doesn't include any nuts or washers, getting warmer though.

Maybe I'm just spoilt from having done an apprenticeship years ago at a place where there was just a big wall mounted cabinet of all the screw sizes/types you would typically need - I suspect it must have cost a small fortune to stock!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Yep - have ordered 280 piece M5, M6 and M8 selection. Should keep me going for a while...

Yes I should think it will.

I remember I needed some of those nipples for crimping over the end of brake and gear cables and non of the LBS sold them, so I looked on ebay and I bought a pack of 500 I think it was for a couple of quid, then gave a few hundred away to friends and I still have enough probably to last me the rest of my life :laugh:

Top Bottom