Scultura endurance vs addict 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reecemillz

Regular
Thinking of getting one of these bikes. Wanted to get an ideas if anyone rides one of these what it is like and thoughts ?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Could you post links to the exact models/years you are looking at? Just to ensure specs and save a lot of Googling.

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you able to access them to test ride for yourself. Given they’re 3k bikes, you won’t want to buy without trying

Cycleops

Legendary Member
As above. The main difference would appear to be the wireless shifters, Shimano as opposed to SRAM. I think you need to decide which you might prefer.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Thinking of getting one of these bikes. Wanted to get an ideas if anyone rides one of these what it is like and thoughts ?

youre only going to get a valid response if someone has ridden both, which is extremely unlikely. So you either try to do that yourself (test ride) or make an arbitrary heart based punt.

Much ift a muchness.

I prefer the shape of the Scott and a review said it's quite a firm ride which I like. The Merida looks a bit upright to me? Frame is heavy too.

They aren't much of muchness at all. - the Merida is an endurance bike with relaxed geometry and the ability to take mudguards - and 32mm tyres - with guards.

If you are after an endurance bike - you should be comparing the Merida with the giant defy ...cervelo calendondia, Cannondale synapse. ...etc

As far as I can see the big + of the Merida is the ability to take mudguards with big tyres.

The Scott imo is a totally different flavour of bike

Jameshow

Veteran
They aren't much of muchness at all. - the Merida is an endurance bike with relaxed geometry and the ability to take mudguards - and 32mm tyres - with guards.

If you are after an endurance bike - you should be comparing the Merida with the giant defy ...cervelo calendondia, Cannondale synapse. ...etc

As far as I can see the big + of the Merida is the ability to take mudguards with big tyres.

The Scott imo is a totally different flavour of bike

Not so, the Scott addict is an endurance style bike different from the older Scott addict and current addict RC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/road.cc/content/review/scott-addict-10-295439?amp

Not so, the Scott addict is an endurance style bike different from the older Scott addict and current addict RC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/road.cc/content/review/scott-addict-10-295439?amp

Sure. It doesn't take mudguards though.

Where as the Merida does - the Merida is an ideal winter all weather bike. Where as the Scott couldn't be classed as such.

If I was happy to ride without guards - or the Scott was to be a summer bike - then the Scott looks the better bike. It's the wet weather / winter durability of the Merida which makes it different and what I meant by not being much of a muchness

Top Bottom