Sealant into partially inflated car tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I think you'll need less pressure in it for the pump to push the sealant in it.

TBH if it's slow, aren't you best pumping up, taking to garage and getting fixed, as you'll likely write the tyre off sticking in the sealant (garages won't usually repair a tyre that's been gunked).

If it's a slow puncture don't use the sealant, it usually means the tyre can't be repaired.

I’ve had two tyres repaired without a problem after filling them with tyre sealant, the last one just two weeks ago*. What’s the reason garages give for refusing?

To the OP: flat or partially deflated doesn’t matter. Attach per instructions and inflate until can is exhausted. Drive (not fast) immediately to disperse sealant around the tyre. Hope yours works better than mine.

(*. That tyre refused to seal with the first can so I used a second can and that just oozed out without sealing!)

Dadam

What’s the reason garages give for refusing?
I don’t know, I have read that in several sources. I’ve never used the stuff myself

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
Stop p1ssing about and get new tyres!!!! Jeez, your expensive, heavy SUV is going to kill someone. The tyre laws state a MINIMUM tread depth of 1.6mm and you are trying to waste money fixing a questionable tyre that has maybe little more than 2mm of useable tread remaining.... and it's winter. You have two tyres that need replacing, a tyre that is damaged and a tyre that is not far from end of life. If you can't afford to run your big heavy SUV safely then either sell it for something you can afford or park it up until you can afford to use it safely. Do us all a favour :okay:

No no, not an affording thing. I was going to sell the car in January and since I only drive a few thousand miles a year, I figured it would hold out until then.

I actually went to order new tyres earlier today...

Had a slow puncture for sometime on the rear tyre. Did keep it inflated for awhile as I too wanted to replace all 4 soon. Out of impulse popped it into one of the tyre shops. They pulled out a long nail and patched it all for £20.

Top Bottom