Seatpost for my Dahon Jetstream - what is out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Dont like the i-beam format and have a Kore converter set up so I can use a normal saddle but it doesnt fit with the rails, very annoying (waste of money) so I guess my next choice is a whole new seatpost.

Any tips for me, I believe the Dahon is a 33.9 but I dont want the one that comes with a pump or the suspension one. I also dont want to spend £160-odd on a Cane Creek Thudbuster. I just want a non I-beam seatpost, without all the extra bits and without the weight.

Do any other manufactuers make a seapost that would fit, so I can use my new Brooks Cambium C17 saddle, or am I limited to the Biologic suspension or postpump ones?

Any tips/advice appreciated, thanks

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Just buy the regular Dahon version, or a Tern one for that matter....

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
tried that already, none in stock anywhere and CH White say they cant get anymore, none available. I ended up ordering the Biologic postpump 2.0 and while I was on there also ordered a Biologic Portage postrack (quick attach/release rack that fits to the seatpost), which will come in handy so i dont have to carry stuff on my body. Is all arriving tomorrow so will be able to fit my new Brooks C17 and go for a long ride, weather supposed to be nice tomorrow

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
tried that already, none in stock anywhere and CH White say they cant get anymore, none available. I ended up ordering the Biologic postpump 2.0 and while I was on there also ordered a Biologic Portage postrack (quick attach/release rack that fits to the seatpost), which will come in handy so i dont have to carry stuff on my body. Is all arriving tomorrow so will be able to fit my new Brooks C17 and go for a long ride, weather supposed to be nice tomorrow
Somehow, that does not surprise me......(on my third Dahon).

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
this is my 2nd. I had the P8 Jetsteam but wasnt too impressed, so finally managed to get the EX but I dont like the I-beam set up, I am sadly a bit of a Brooks fanatic, so needed option 2. Am glad really I went for the postpump 2.0, handy to have a pump on the go and plus can use on my other bike too if I want as it has an adapter for shrader or presta valves, handy.

Top Bottom