Second hand bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
Anybody in the Bristol/BAth area know of any good second hand bike shops?
Had mine nicked last weekend and am after an old road bike. However I do not want to spend much over a 100er on one. Cant seem to find much on google.

barq

Bad luck :rofl:

Might be an obvious suggestion, but with eBay you can limit your search to x many miles from your postcode. Obviously you'd want to check the bikes out in the flesh.

I have a vague memory of quite a nice old school bike shop on the Henleaze Road in Bristol, but don't make a special journey unless anyone else can confirm - it was a few years ago!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The Henleaze Cycle Exchange is still very much in existance ...I was in only 2 weeks ago but I don't know how many 2nd hand bikes they get - I certainly know a friend who bought her bike second hand from there. Give them a ring to save yourself a journey.

(Edit: in true old-fashioned style they aren't open on a Wednesday)

I was also in one once - can't remeber its name - just off Park Row, and someone came in to find out if they bought bikes second hand - he said he did but only with a receit.

OP
OP
M

Milo

Guru
Hard to get the bus round here. Has to be iin Bath Swindon or Bristol relay. I am going to London next weekend so maybe I will have some luck there.

I've got a frame for sale for 100 quid. It's advertised in the classifieds if it's of any help to you.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
mickle said:
Bristol Bike Workshop, opposite the children's hospital. Dunno if they have any road bikes at your price point mind. Speak to Tom. And be prepared to haggle.

Yep that's the place I meant... off Park Row which probably isn't Park Row by that point.

OP
OP
M

Milo

Guru
Nothing the right kind of size which is a shame because I liked a couple of them. Im going down to London on the weekend. Should have some luck there as there must be second hand shops. I heard about one in CAmden is it still there?

Top Bottom