Seeking advice on a new potential product

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeylc

Über Member
"From our product description, please rate where you think Runflare is on the following attributes."?
How can someone Rate a product they haven't used???

Done though.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Apparently you can't be a runner and a cyclist according to the survey.

Horrible product imho..... i run trail, so having any additional weight on your feet is not desirable, also I kick mud up the back of my legs which would cover these lights.
I would rather put a set of flashing led arm straps round my ankles... for a couple of quid they are cheaper, lower in weight, and can be seen from all angles which is a massive plus.
The strap alternatives are also more flexible in use, I can place them round my arms, the handle bar and seat post on my bike, I can wrap them round the straps of my bags and back packs to name but a few..I always have a couple in my pocket, just in case..... Your product has one use, to remove it, I have to remove the laces from my shoes and its not small Or flexible enough to keep in the pocket of my jacket.

51DQUsVcYOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I could not care one bit that's its powered by kinetic energy. The watch battery for the strap alternatives cost very little to replace, I brought my straps from a discount store called the pound store at £1 for two straps, you will not offer your product for close to this imho

A solution for a problem which does not exist imho.

Norm

Apparently you can't be a runner and a cyclist according to the survey.
The question was 'Do you consider yourself more a runner or a cyclist' so, no, you cannot consider yourself to be 'more' of both.

Agree with the rest of it, although I can understand the benefit of battery-free I wouldn't want to pay more than $5 for that sort of product because of the number and variety of £1 alternatives with hi-viz as well as the lights.

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
As already mentioned, it's impossible to rate a product without having tested it, so that section of the survey is pointless.

Good quality, powerful, frame-mounted LED rear lights are available at low cost, with excellent battery life. I couldn't see myself being interested in shoe-mounted LEDs, regardless of the price.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm a keen cyclist with close on 4 decades riding under my belt and this wouldn't interest me. Convention bike lighting is so cheap a d effective now there's little need to supplement it with sonething like this.

byegad

Legendary Member
My sons had shoes like that in the 1980s.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I gave up when I found I was being asked questions I couldn't answer. Mind you, given that there's a legal requirement to have orange pedal reflectors in the UK and many cyclists don't, there could be a market for cycling shoes with built in or strap-on reflectors, fore and aft. It's not the law but it would fulfil the function of the law, and I have seen drivers comment on the visibility and instant identification of bikes from seeing them at a distance at night.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Probably an item that needs the views of people on a running forum. Just a thought. I'm not sure I'd want any extra weight or anything bumping around on my feet if i were a runner.

Top Bottom