Selle Italia max flite gel OR Fizik Arione - Opinions please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanPrice

I know im NOT going to get the perfect answer "get ...... saddle its perfect for your bum"

But id like personal opinions of users and there experience or either of these saddles.

As im torn between the 2, ive read good reviews on both although i hear alot more about the Arione.

The reason ive chose these 2 are -

Selle italia, Gel inserts, elastometer on the rear to take some vibrations

Fizik, allegedly good for people with misaligned hips/legs due to the "wingflex" system (1 of mine is a good 1/4 inch shorter than other from breaking my Femur whilst racing) and lengthly as to adopt different riding positions.

Both £79.99

So like i said just your personal opinions on either/or..

Thanks in advance

yello

I stand to be corrected, but aren't the 2 quite different shapes? I thought the Arione was a broader, flatter saddle than the Flite... but I have to admit that I don't know.

I have a Flite Gel and a Fizik Pave (that's not in the same league as the Arione, I know). My backside prefers the sharper looking Flite. I find it a more robust saddle, a firmer and more supportive ride without being hard as a brick. The flex in the winged, flatter Pave is noticeable (and audible!) and freaks me a little; it feels like it's going to collapse! It's also not as comfortable, for me, on longer rides.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Arione is quite a long, narrow saddle - I find it suits me because it's easy to "dial in" a comfortable position moving fore and aft. I can imagine that people with sit bones further apart than mine might find their weight resting uncomfortably though.

Fizik's Antares is supposed to be the wider version of the Arione (142mm at the back, not 133(?) like the Arione).

Top Bottom