SELLE SMP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

http://www.cycle-cafe.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37531

Other than the thread above I'm gonna do a review on here about this saddle:

selle-smp-strike-plus-saddle-800-90-280-75.jpg

For a while now i've had pains, fairly major pains and have had to add sudocrem to my nether regions prior to apllying the shorts to make sure nothing chafes or alleviate the chafing so as this came up for the price I thought I'd try it.

So after faffing with the fitment of this saddle which is quite high so you'll need to lower the saddle.

Fore & Aft adjustment is rally quite good on this saddle as the rails have incremental millimetre markers ;)

The most important thing of the saddle FEEL:

For months I've planned on having one of these and the price is fairly nice'ish - just short of 60 notes compared to 150 + for the 'proper' variants.

This was a good tester and how its turned out to be a good one, too !

So, swinging a leg over the bike, into the pedals and atop the saddle - you are and IMMEDIATELY: you feel 'just right' its the best saddle i've ever rode.

The feel 'out of this saddle' is out of this world...its like nothing i've EVER EVER rode in my life - just like Time pedals are the most ergonomic pedal around - this saddle is the bottoms variant.

Their is nothing else to say. its like someone has moulded a saddle exactly to your ass ! :ohmy:

The front section looks weird (sloping downward) but you actually realise why its like that - its like so' to aleviate the sack / bits' and the funny thing is: it feels like the saddle is not tightened proper on the seatpost ! - yet a quick check and you are.

I've rode a bike for 15yrs now, i think, and have rode a few saddles, Selle San Marco Rolls coming to mind as being the best - but that hollowed out section of the SMP is absolutely amazing...much more & definately no less.

In fact if anyone cannot get on with this saddle - i'd be seriously surprised !!!

Weight wise this is very good - its down as 320grams if your bothered butt to be honest its very rideable and 3230grms for a saddle is ok - feels alright to me.

I'll review/update this again in the coming months & report in to see what its been like for extensive miles usage.

Massively recommended !

Top Bottom