Selling a Tandem ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagpuss

Guru
Our Tandem has seen little use over the past couple of years . So I am looking to move it on . It is one of those bikes that need trying by both perspectve riders for sizing etc . It is just over 20 years old and a quality machine .Where is the best place to offer it for sale? I will be waiting until until next spring
Any thoughts / ideas welcome .

AndyRM

XOXO
On here? Though somewhere like Gumtree would probably give you a broader audience.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I would start by putting it on CC. I have always fancied one but don't have anyone to ride it with.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Tandems rarely seem to get anything close to what you'd get for a normal bike of similar original price, so prepare for disappointment, I fear.

The tandem club is likely the best place to get a good price if it's quality. There's loads on there too give an idea of pricing.

https://tandem-club.org.uk/forSale

Ebay for a quick guaranteed sale. Cycling UK forum worth posting.

Good luck.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The Tandem Club has a Facebook group & a website. I'd try them first, then go to somewhere like eBay with a carefully key-worded entry.

T4tomo

Guru
That will get some interest on tandem club as its a decent machine - all it needs is the bar tape replacing :okay:

This is more interesting though from your flickr. Wow! Twitchy ride?

1636623844986.png

OP
OP
B

bagpuss

Guru
Very short wheelbase as you can see and toe overlap is a problem when cornering .Great in a straight line . Dates from 1951 ,not many about . Made by Sun , Birimgham . Model Manx tt .

Top Bottom