Selling a vehicle privately. Payment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Christ, even I know what online banking is, even if I don't personally partake! Cyclops must be pretty handy with that morse key! :laugh:

bruce1530

Guru
A good idea is to get the buyer to send you Ā£1 before they arrive, so you are then set up as a payee. Payment is then seamless
+1 to that - proves that the transfer works OK, and gives an indication on how long it takes.

Itā€™s been a few years since Iā€™ve sold anything of great value for cash - but the last time (I was selling a car and buyer paid cash) I asked my neighbour if sheā€™d come in and count the money - she works in a bank, and knew what to look for.

Time before that, I went to bank with buyer, he withdrew cash at counter, handed it to me, and I paid it back in... would have been quite amusing if it was the same bank, but no, they were across the road for each other. But that was back in the days before we all used online banking, and indeed in the days when banks had high street branches...

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
(and makes sure you have another large gentleman on hand to ensure no funny business - I usually ask my friend the Swede to assist).

I think Iā€™d rather have the 50-odd year old gunnery sergeant who was about to retire and whupped his ass! šŸ˜„

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Isnā€™t this a bonus if your the seller as it gives the buyer no option to argue and try to refund their money?
This will teach me to read the op properly. Brandane is selling not buying :okay:

Top Bottom